BioHavens® Naturally Clean Water
BioHaven® floating treatment wetlands (FTW) are an innovative environmental solution that “biomimics” nature’s wetlands to remove unwanted nutrients and pollutants without added chemicals. Beneath the surface of our islands, there is a frenzy of microbial activity in the biofilm that reduces nitrates, phosphorus, ammonia, total soluble solids and heavy metals.
Benefits of BioHaven® Floating IslandsCovered with native plant species, they create a beautiful, natural, and sustainable ecosystem that cleans water and restores habitat.
- The island surface provides riparian edge wildlife habitat for turtles and waterfowl
- The plants attract insects and birds
- The island provides cover and a rich food source for fish to thrive
- The island matrix and plants provide the important surface area for microbes to proliferate and pull pollutants out of the water
- The plants add natural beauty
Applications of BioHaven® Floating IslandBioHaven® floating islands provide a valuable floating island solution for watersheds with many applications such as:
- Wetland restoration
- Wildlife habitat
- Improve water quality in lakes and rivers
- New and retrofit for stormwater ponds. Click here to watch video.
- Erosion control and wave dampening
- Fish spawning platforms
- Carbon sequestration
- Wastewater cleaning
- Aesthetic waterscape
- Algae reduction